Earth hour is great but it only happens once a year… Energy conservation should be top of mind and adopted into our everyday lives. There are easy ways to conserve energy in your home at all times. Making the shift to a greener home is important for our environment and better for our pockets in the long run.
While we may know the most basic way to conserve energy is by turning off the unused lighting in your home, basically turning off or unplugging anything not being used will help conserve energy and lower your electricity bill.
Here is a list of additional ways to conserve energy in your home:
- Replace your light bulbs with LEDs
- Use smart power strips
- Install a smart thermostat
- Think about replacing your appliances with more energy efficient ones
- Consider a energy efficient water heater
- Install energy efficient windows when it comes time to replace them
- Upgrade your HVAC system
- Weatherize your home
- Ensure proper insulation in your home
Now, you’re probably thinking all these changes are really going to leave a dent in your pocket, however, we have found resources to help make the shift to a greener home affordable! Check out these links to see how you can ease into the process.